Easy to use video conversion software
Freemake Video Converter offers a video conversion software for Windows. The developers behind the software founded the software based on investments and are able to offer it as freeware as of today. This makes Freemake Video Converter one of the most appealing alternatives to premium video converters. As a matter of fact, Freemake Video Converter is the only freeware video converter that uses CUDA and DXVA technologies in their conversions. This allows conversion to be done quickly and without stressing your cpu. Simply by analyzing the conversion and selecting the optimal parameters. More information on these technologies can be found here.
It supports over 200 video formats, which include popular file types like: AVI, MP4, MKV, WMV and MPG. The output can be either be a new video format or a flash file that can directly be imported on your website.
In addition to video conversion and video downloading, the software contains many other useful features like:
- Convert audio files to a video format.
- Add subtitle files to your video conversions.
- Edit the output parameters of your video file like framerate or audio codec.
- Use an mp3 file as background music for your slides.
- Cut or merge your video files.
- Download your favorite video files from a couple of supported websites.
The software is free, without restrictions, adware or hidden costs. So far, there is no concrete development for a MacOS version.